In winter time the island has a temperature variation between 17° to 23°C at night get chilly and during the day is warm and sunny.
In summer time the temperature rises between 25° and 30°C. Is recomended some coat to cover at night and swim clotes for the sunny day.
Water temperature in winter is 18°C and in summer 24°C
Rent a car
The roads in the island are generally good, the distances are short and the you can enjoy the fantastic landscapes while driving. It is totaly recomended to rent a car to get to know this amazing island.
There are many rent a car companies in the island, is recomemded to rent the car in the airport and drop it there at the end of the holidays.
You can find some cars to rent in the following bottons
Gastronomy and local markets
Typical food in the island is variated, but can be pointed the fresh fish, the well known “papas con mojo” (little potatoes with hot sauce), “el gofio” mix of fluors used to prepare several dishes and also the Lanzarote chees and wine
If wish to buy fresh food (fruits, vegetables, chees, dry fish, bread and deserts), you can go to “el mercadillo de Mancha Blanca” in Mancha blanca village, open on sundays. Ideal to convine with some “tapas” in Teguise village where also on sundays you can find a local handicrafts and souvenir market or just giving a try to local wine in La Geria area.
On each little village there is a social club call “Teleclub” also you can enjoy typical food in this little local restaurans and usually in very good prices, you can try the “teleclub” of the following villages: Macher, La Asomada y Nazaret.
Also is recomended some little fisherman restaurants in “Playa Quemada” & “el Golfo” village, where you can have lunch few meters far from the ocean.
- Mirador de las Salinas Restaurant, Unsurpassed views of the Salinas del Janubio during sunset. Specialties in rice.
- Millo y Millo, in the town of Tías, ideal place to have tapas after a day full of dives.
- La Porteña, in Puerto Calero, one minute from the diving center, you will find this Argentinian grill with a varied menu of roasted meats.
- Lago Verde Restaurant, in the town of Golfo, ideal place to try the fish of the day of Lanzarote. Recommended to go at sunset time since it has a beautiful sunset.
- Teppanyaki nippon, Japanese food is not the most typical Canarian, but it is the best shusi restaurant on the island and the best we have ever found, a must-do reservation.
- Papagayo Beach Restaurant, if you go through these beaches it is convenient for proximity and quality to eat in the restaurant located just above the beach of Papagayo.
- Pizzeria Nelli`s, in Playa Honda,possibly the best pizzas in Lanzarote.